Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm BACK! Another Blog with Washingtonian's Todd Kliman.

So after being away from my blog and also Todd Kliman's weekly online chat, I am Back! This was my question that I posted to Todd. Even though Todd wasn't much help, a fellow chogger chimed in and made a comment. That's below. :) I'll let you know how my dinner went tomorrow (time permitting).

Washington, DC:

Todd, This evening an old co-worker/friend of mine and I are meeting up for dinner. We are both pretty well versed when it comes to restaurant dining. We even usually go together to Restaurant Week Lunches, etc. Well tonight we are meeting at Bistro Du Coin in Dupont for dinner. I was wondering if you could give me a few must try items! I have never been there. I am not sure if my friend has. :) Thanks. Always a pleasure, Lisa D.

Answer:

Must-try items? Bistrot du Coin? I'd say that's going just a wee bit too far.

I'd zero in, though, on the mussels, the frites and the duck confit. Great atmosphere, some good cheap wines, lots of fun -- you might even enjoy the surly waiters (if you're in the right mood).

washington dc:

you forgot to mention the steak and fries at Bistro Du Coin, its a good dish for the price and a decent standby.

Answer: I didn't forget. :)

0 comments: