Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Todd Kliman's Chat (Tuesday's 11 a.m.)

So every Tuesday at 11 a.m. Todd Kliman, the Food Editor of the Washingtonian Magazine has an online chat.
He begins the chat every week with some comments about a few local places that he wants to highlight. In addition, people can write in about questions that they have about restaurants, etc. I participate every week. I actually have an alert set up in Outlook to remind every week. Ha ha ha. Anyways ... this was my comment this week. And of course, I loved Todd's reply. See below.

Alexandria, VA:

Hey Todd, One of my really good friends, Justin Trawick is playing at the 9:30 Club on Friday. Before the show, I wanted to get some "real" food, so I made a reservation at the Tabaq Bistro for me and my husband. I have never been there and I know that it is not on the 100's Very Best list. I have heard great things about the atmosphere, but how's the food? Can you tell me what I should expect or what I should definitely not miss? Thanks, Lisa

Todd Kliman:
How to Build a Life with a Lemonade Stand. Neat sound.

(Sorry, folks. I've been grooving to the music on Justin's website for the last few minutes -- www.justintrawick.com ... And no, I'd never heard of him before popping open this question. Kinda reminds me a little of G Love and Special Sauce, if just a touch folkier.)

Lemonade, Special Sauce ... and back to food.

I'm no fan of Tabaq, although I do like the terrific view upstairs -- it gives you a great sweep of the city.

If it's good eats you're after -- and not just a place to drink and catch up and find yourself among a crowd -- then I'd rather send you to Coppi's Organic or Etete, also on U St. Or to Oohhs & Aahhs, which has just started serving chicken and waffles from midnight to 4 a.m. It'd make a great post-show "snack."

Link to Todd's Chat: http://www.washingtonian.com/chats/restaurants/4412.html?msg=1